Lewisham Council parks team and their parks and open spaces contractor Glendale are trialling a series of approaches to weed control to avoid use of herbicide on our streets and open green spaces. Lewisham Parks and open spaces Friends Groups have been invited to observe weed removal via hot foam and flame gun. The photos below show weed removal at Mountsfield Park by use of a flame gun.
Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- Nature’s Gym cancelled January 4, 2021It is with a heavy heart, that yet again we will have to postpone Nature’s Gym.Jess kyle
- Happy Christmas from Nature’s Gym December 21, 2020Happy Christmas from all at Natures GymJess kyle
- The London Urban Forest Plan December 8, 2020Published this week to coincide with National Tree Week, the London Urban Forest Plan has been developed by a network of partnered organisations, including London Wildlife Trust, that are collaborating to protect, manage and enhance the capital's trees and woodlands.Jess kyle
- Festival of the Great North Wood – 7th – 13th December 2020 November 30, 2020Join the London Wildlife Trust for virtual celebration of the Great North Wood, with an activity for everyone, including talks and film screenings, craft workshops, woodland yoga, a virtual walk, nature writing and spoken word workshops and a baking workshop - all taking place online.Jess kyle
- Nature’s Gym Cancelled November 4, 2020It is with much regret, that once again we have had to take the decision to cancel Nature’s Gym from this Thursday 5th November, for at least the next month. This is due to the most recent advice from the UK Government.Jess kyle
- Street Trees for Living wins a Tree Oscar. October 13, 2020Huge congratulations to all the wonderful and hard working people over at Street Trees for Living! A really fantastic achievement. Street Trees for Living write:Jess kyle
- Walk Leader Training October 8, 2020Our Walk Leader training is for anyone willing and able to lead health walks in Lewisham. It is designed by Ramblers Walking for Health and delivered by local ‘cascade trainers’. The aim of the training is to ensure that all walk leaders are trained to a high standard and can competently and confidently lead short, free health walks.Jess kyle
- Education resources refresh October 7, 2020Our education worksheets have had a refresh. I have hopefully made it easier to navigate around the different topics and now have the teacher's guides and answers in the same place.Jess kyle
- Lewisham Biodiversity partnership latest September 28, 2020After a long hiatus, the Lewisham Biodiversity partnership was able to meet again. This was our first ever virtual meeting of the partnership and we had a huge turnout which was wonderful. We had very interesting and useful discussions. It was great to hear that most volunteering and educational sessions are starting up again and … Continue reading Lewisham […]Jess kyle
- Grow Back Greener Fund August 26, 2020From the Mayor of London website Grow Back Greener Fund Applications are now open for the Mayor’s Grow Back Greener Fund. Apply for a grant COVID-19 has demonstrated just how important our city’s amazing green spaces are for Londoners’ quality of life. But we also saw that parts of London were unable to access these benefits … Continue reading Grow Back Gree […]Jess kyle
- Nature’s Gym cancelled January 4, 2021