Lewisham Council parks team and their parks and open spaces contractor Glendale are trialling a series of approaches to weed control to avoid use of herbicide on our streets and open green spaces. Lewisham Parks and open spaces Friends Groups have been invited to observe weed removal via hot foam and flame gun. The photos below show weed removal at Mountsfield Park by use of a flame gun.
Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- The Tweed Invasives Project May 22, 2020For those of you who have spent time with me and other volunteer groups in activities such as The 3 Rivers Clean Up clearing himalayan balsam know what great fun it is. You may wonder, however if it is all worthwhile? Of course we know it is because in Lewisham we have seen a huge reduction … Continue reading The Tweed Invasives ProjectJess kyle
- COVID-19 LATEST – Nature’s Gym – an update May 11, 2020Dear Nature’s Gym volunteers! How are you all? I hope you are all doing well during this difficult period and that you are finding ways to stay healthy and well? It has now been 7 weeks since we had to cancel Nature’s Gym and my Thursdays feel very different without it. We still don’t have … Continue reading COVID-19 LATEST – Nature’s Gym – an update […]Jess kyle
- A Virtual tour of Lewisham’s Rivers April 27, 2020There are a lot of wonderful volunteers out there who help keep our rivers clean, from the Friends of the River Pool to Nature’s Gym to Thames21. Part of the reason our rivers are so lovely, is down to this dedicated bunch of people. This is usually the time of year when we, along with … Continue reading A Virtual tour of Lewisham’s RiversJess kyle
- Tree Chalk Walks in Lewisham April 24, 2020In a recent interview on BBC 1 Breakfast a resident of Walthamstow, Rachel Summers, talked about how she has been chalking the names of trees and plants on the pavement along with a little description to help make people’s daily exercise a little bit more interesting. Thanks to a local resident and Planning Tree Officer … Continue reading Tree Chalk Walks in […]Jess kyle
- Eastern side of Beckenham Place Park (the Common and Summerhouse Fields) March 30, 2020Lewisham Council is pleased to be able to start some early engagement with local residents and the wider community about potential changes to the eastern side of Beckenham Place Park (the Common and Summerhouse Fields). This is a great opportunity for residents and the community to contribute to the shaping of this local asset. The … Continue reading Eastern […]Jess kyle
- NATURE’S GYM CANCELLED March 17, 2020Due to the most recent advice from the UK Government and from Lewisham Council, we have decided to cancel Nature’s Gym from and including this Thursday (19th March 2020) and until further notice. I appreciate that you may be disappointed by this news, but in light of the current advice this we feel this is … Continue reading NATURE’S GYM CANCELLEDJess kyle
- Beckenham Place Park Flower Show 2020 March 2, 2020
- Bromley Swift Survey February 11, 2020The Bromley Swift Survey report 2019 has just bee produced. You can download a copy to find out more. (Image Swift © Roger Wyatt)Jess kyle
- Friends of Brookmill Park Talks January 30, 2020The Friends of Brookmill Park are putting on a series of really interesting talks on a number of environmental areas (Birds/Trees/ Flood mitigation etc). Come along to informative talks on topics of local interest by outstanding speakers, kindly hosted by our friendly local – The Brookmill Pub. When: Sunday evenings 6.30 for 6.45 start, finish 8.00 … Continu […]Jess kyle
- HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM NATURE’S GYM December 23, 2019In case you missed it, here is the January – March 2020 programme!Jess kyle
- The Tweed Invasives Project May 22, 2020