Lewisham Council parks team and their parks and open spaces contractor Glendale are trialling a series of approaches to weed control to avoid use of herbicide on our streets and open green spaces. Lewisham Parks and open spaces Friends Groups have been invited to observe weed removal via hot foam and flame gun. The photos below show weed removal at Mountsfield Park by use of a flame gun.
Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- Nature’s Gym Cancelled November 4, 2020It is with much regret, that once again we have had to take the decision to cancel Nature’s Gym from this Thursday 5th November, for at least the next month. This is due to the most recent advice from the UK Government.Jess kyle
- LATEST – Street Trees for Living wins a Tree Oscar. October 13, 2020Huge congratulations to all the wonderful and hard working people over at Street Trees for Living! A really fantastic achievement. Street Trees for Living write:Jess kyle
- Walk Leader Training October 8, 2020Our Walk Leader training is for anyone willing and able to lead health walks in Lewisham. It is designed by Ramblers Walking for Health and delivered by local ‘cascade trainers’. The aim of the training is to ensure that all walk leaders are trained to a high standard and can competently and confidently lead short, free health walks.Jess kyle
- Education resources refresh October 7, 2020Our education worksheets have had a refresh. I have hopefully made it easier to navigate around the different topics and now have the teacher's guides and answers in the same place.Jess kyle
- Lewisham Biodiversity partnership latest September 28, 2020After a long hiatus, the Lewisham Biodiversity partnership was able to meet again. This was our first ever virtual meeting of the partnership and we had a huge turnout which was wonderful. We had very interesting and useful discussions. It was great to hear that most volunteering and educational sessions are starting up again and … Continue reading Lewisham […]Jess kyle
- Grow Back Greener Fund August 26, 2020From the Mayor of London website Grow Back Greener Fund Applications are now open for the Mayor’s Grow Back Greener Fund. Apply for a grant COVID-19 has demonstrated just how important our city’s amazing green spaces are for Londoners’ quality of life. But we also saw that parts of London were unable to access these benefits … Continue reading Grow Back Gree […]Jess kyle
- Your April – June 2020 sightings and Kenneth White Grant August 6, 2020As you know there were no events or volunteering in the past few months so this update will be slightly different from the usual email you receive from us. Thank you to everyone who sent us their sightings and experiences during lockdown. It was really great to hear that you all managed to keep in … Continue reading Your April – June 2020 sightings and Kenne […]Jess kyle
- Beckenham Place Park Events July 6, 2020Ordinarily, Beckenham Place Park would have been gearing up to our annual Flower show (which was due to take place on 19th July this year). And about 50 lovely volunteers would have been preparing to take on a variety of roles on the busy day and in the days leading up to it. But of … Continue reading Beckenham Place Park EventsJess kyle
- Educational Resources June 19, 2020While we are unable to run any facilitated educational resource we are taking the time to update all of our educational resources. These can all be downloaded for free and either used at home (both in an outdoors) and some cab be in your local park – if it is safe to do so. … Continue reading Educational ResourcesJess kyle
- Online Event Friday 19 June at 2pm – Swift talk and Q&A June 18, 2020Dear Swift Friends & Colleagues, here is a note from Emma Matthars about a Swift talk being organised on line by the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust : She says: “I wanted to let you know about an upcoming online event we have planned for Friday 19th June. Jenny Rawson, our Senior Reserves Officer will … Continue reading Online Event Friday 19 June at […]Jess kyle
- Nature’s Gym Cancelled November 4, 2020