|LONDON FRIENDS OF GREENSPACES NETWORK|
|MESSAGE FOR PARK USER GROUPS|
Message from Parks for London to Heads of Parks Services and Supporters:
Dear Heads of Parks Services and Supporters
You have all been doing a great job to keep our parks open. Thank you. I’ve seen footage of worse problems in German, French & Japanese parks. If you have not already closed your park carparks then we strongly advise that you do this to discourage people travelling further than their local parks.
We are working with non-local authority heads of park services, the GLA & London Councils to update current messaging both on our website and the Mayor of London website ahead of the Easter Bank Holiday weekend; we will use Twitter to promote the messaging.
The proposed guidance for the duration of the lockdown are given below, in line with government advice including that people can leave their homes for exercise once a day:Stay local and use parks and green spaces close to your homeOnly go outside alone or with members of your own householdKeep at least 2 metres apart from anyone outside your household at all timesKeep moving and spread out when you are in parks or green spacesGatherings of more than two people in parks or other public spaces have been banned, this will be enforced by the policeMake use of your garden if you have one to help reduce visits to parks and green spacesKeep your dog on a lead in public spaces to ensure you can safely keep 2 metres away from othersTake litter and dog mess home with youFollow hygiene advice when you are outside and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoorsPlease bear in mind that the Government’s scheduled guidance is due for an update on Monday 13th April, so we will update you again next week.
Many thanks for your enduring work.
Chief Executive, Parks for London
020 7983 4495 | 07941 069351 | email@example.com Wishing everyone good health at this difficult time.Dave MorrisLFGN chair
Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- Latest – Festival of the Great North Wood March 25, 2021Join us for a virtual celebration of the Great North Wood, with an activity for everyone, including talks and film screenings, craft workshops, woodland yoga, a virtual walk, nature writing and spoken word workshops and a baking workshop - all taking place online.Jess kyle
- Latest News – Free Orcharding Course with The Orchard Project March 10, 2021Come join our brilliant orcharding course and learn everything you need to know about designing and managing community orchards. You will benefit from our expert team of experienced orchardists who have already helped 75 students gain the Certificate - the equivalent of an A level qualificationJess kyle
- Latest News – Design a poster for Beckenham Place Park March 1, 2021Be a Park Hero! Help keep Beckenham Place Park litter and dog mess free!Jess kyle
- Latest – 2 new pages for your delectation! February 22, 2021We have added two new pages to our blog. One is all about the Great North Wood and the other page is about what you can do for wildlife and how you can report any sightings.Jess kyle
- Latest News – Wee’vil Rock You! February 8, 2021As many of you know Beckenham Place Park has seen a huge transformation over the last couple of years. One of these has been the old 'danger deep' pond or Stumps Hill Pond which thanks to funding from has had a whole new lease of life with boardwalks and some tree removal to make it less dark. Unfortunately, soon after it was finished an invasive p […]Jess kyle
- Give Wildlife the Green Light February 1, 2021Having already successfully co-ordinated the nationwide ‘Toads on Roads’ project for 30 years and with the recent launch of their ‘Wildlife Tunnel Campaign’ for all amphibians, reptiles and small mammals, Froglife will be hosting a global webinar on ‘Wildlife Road Mortality on 10th March 2021’Jess kyle
- Lewisham Biodiversity Partnership Meeting 12 January 2021 January 27, 2021Thank you for everyone who joined us at our quarterly meeting on Tuesday. It was great hearing all the updates and that despite the lockdown and Tier 4 we still managed to organise 95 events and engage over 500 people, all of course in line with Covid guidance!Jess kyle
- Nature’s Gym cancelled January 4, 2021It is with a heavy heart, that yet again we will have to postpone Nature’s Gym.Jess kyle
- Happy Christmas from Nature’s Gym December 21, 2020Happy Christmas from all at Natures GymJess kyle
- The London Urban Forest Plan December 8, 2020Published this week to coincide with National Tree Week, the London Urban Forest Plan has been developed by a network of partnered organisations, including London Wildlife Trust, that are collaborating to protect, manage and enhance the capital's trees and woodlands.Jess kyle
- Latest – Festival of the Great North Wood March 25, 2021