Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- New Nature’s Gym Programme now available March 28, 2017The April-June 2017 Nature’s programme is now available. There are plenty of exciting projects over the next few months, including the 3 Rivers Clean Up. As always, booking is essential for these sessions. If you are new to Nature’s Gym, … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Mayow Park Bat Walk March 22, 2017Filed under: Event Tagged: bats, Friends of Mayow Park, Mayow ParkJess kyle
- Hillcrest Wood Clean Up Day March 21, 2017Filed under: Event, Hillcrest Woods, London Wildlife Trust Tagged: Hillcrest Woods, Lewisham Homes, London Wildlife TrustJess kyle
- The new 3 Rivers Clean Up blog is now live! March 20, 2017The first 3RCU took place in 2008 with the main aim to control the growth of Himalayan Balsam along the rivers. Himalayan Balsam is an invasive non-native plant that spreads quickly, clogging up river banks and reducing biodiversity. It shades and … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- London Wildlife Trust – Wonderful Woodlands Sunday 12, March 11am-4pm March 5, 2017Join the London Wildlife Trust for a fun, family woodland day. We’ll be learning about the trees in Sydenham Hill Wood through games and activities, making dens and ending up with a warming fire to toast marshmallows. Booking essential This event is suitable … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Nature’s Gym location change 2nd March 2017 March 1, 2017Hi all, unfortunately, we have had to change the location for tomorrow’s (2 March 2017) Nature’s Gym. Instead we shall be working at Lower Sydenham Station. Hopefully, we can go back to Belmont Park and finish our work there another … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- London Wildlife Trust – Nature Detectives 14 February 11am-4pm February 6, 2017Join us for this fun family day in the wood. We will be looking for tracks and signs to find out what lives in the wood. We’ll be making plaster casts, following trails and looking for clues. Booking essential. A … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Winter bird walk at Sydenham Hill Wood – 12 February 9am-12.30pm February 5, 2017Guided walk in Sydenham Hill Wood to find winter birds Love London’s woodland birds this Valentine’s Day! Join London Wildlife Trust for a guided walk to discover the range of birds present in Sydenham Hill Wood Winter sees the return … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Tree planting at Beckenham Place Park January 30, 2017Filed under: EventJess kyle
- New Cross Gate Cutting Open Day – Saturday 28 January, 1pm-4pm January 20, 2017Come and explore this beautiful nature reserve which is usually closed to the public. A secluded area of woodland with small grassy glades, set on the broad slopes of a deep railway cutting, which supports 170 species of flowering plants. … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- New Nature’s Gym Programme now available March 28, 2017
Author Archives: focmse12
Chinbrook Meadows is holding a BIG Lunch. Any other Lewisham Parks taking part?
Our first meeting of the year will be on Monday 1st February at 19.00 in a room upstairs at Honor Oak pub, SE23 1RH. Nick Pond, Lewisham’s Ecological Regeneration Manager, will talk about the borough’s Biodiversity Plan. Come along
Tom organises regular nature walks and you can read all about it on the blog lewishamnaturewalks.wordpress.com Their next walk is on Sunday 13th December, meeting at Surrey Quays station at 10.30am. They will be passing through green spaces of Deptford … Continue reading
We are holding our next Lewisham Parks Forum meeting on Monday 19th October, 19.00 at the room upstairs in the Honor Oak Pub.
So the Green Flags will continue to fly in Lewisham, reinforcing the fact that we have an amazing collection of parks and green spaces. Despite the difficult times and financial pressures, we have secured 15 Green Flag Awards and 6 … Continue reading
GREATER LONDON NATIONAL PARK CITY: A talk by Daniel Raven-Ellison Wednesday 24th June 2015, The Honor Oak Pub (upstairs) 7pm to 9pm A new project is in the pipeline to create a Greater London National Park City. Officially a notional … Continue reading