Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- Bug Day at Sydenham Hill Wood – Thursday 27 July, 11am-2pm July 16, 2017A family-friendly day to celebrate the amazing invertebrates that are so vital to our world Join the London Wildlife Trust for this family event to celebrate the weird and wonderful insects that are so important to Sydenham Hill Wood and the ecosystems … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Butterfly Walk, Sydenham Hill Woods – Sunday 23 July, 2pm-4pm July 10, 2017A guided butterfly walk in Sydenham Hill Wood Please note booking is essential for this event Join the London Wildlife Trust’s Sydenham Hill Wood volunteer Emma Pooley for a guided walk looking at the range of butterflies that can be found … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Friends of Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries open day 9 July 2017 June 28, 2017The Friends of Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries (FoBLC) is this year celebrating the 10th anniversary of its formation. Over the last few years FoBLC has held an Open Day within the cemetery to promote this beautiful, peaceful and historic Victorian … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- New Nature’s Gym Programme, July-September 2017 June 26, 2017The new Nature’s Gym programme is now available! There are a few new sites on there and a couple of favourites, so hopefully there is something for everyone. Please note that if you have not been before, have a read … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Bat, Moth and Owl Prowl, Sydenham Hill Wood, Friday 7 July, 9pm-11pm June 20, 2017Guided bat walk in Sydenham Hill Wood Meet at the Crescent Wood Road entrance. Join the London Wildlife Trust for a guided walk of Sydenham Hill Wood to discover bats, moths and tawny owls. Using bat detectors, our site warden and volunteers … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Free Biodiversity training in Tower Hamlets June 20, 2017This might not be in our Borough, but I thought that some of you might be interested in this free training being offered by Tower Hamlets.Filed under: Cemeteries, Training Tagged: Cemeteries, Tower Hamlets, TrainingJess kyle
- Wildflower Walk Sunday 25 June, 2pm-4pm June 4, 2017Guided walk looking at the diverse plant communities in this urban secondary/ancient woodland. Please note booking is essential for this event Join the Sydenham Hill Wood Conservation Officer and our volunteers for a guided wildflower walk. Please note this is … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- How to be a curious entomologist May 25, 2017Insects are everywhere. They are so many, and so varied — fascinating, beautiful, mysterious, bizarre. Through their mind-boggling biodiversity they offer us a window into the ecological complexity of life on Earth, and give us a powerful insight of the … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Evening Tree Walk at Sydenham Hill Wood, Wednesday 31 May, 7pm-9pm May 25, 2017Guided tree walk in Sydenham Hill Wood to uncover the ancient landscape of the Great North Wood. Join our Sydenham Hill Wood Conservation Officer for a guided tree walk as part of London Tree Week. As one of the largest … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Community Engagement Officer Post at Beckenham Place Park May 24, 2017Be at the heart of transforming Beckenham Place Park Could you be at the heart of transforming Beckenham Place Park? A new job is going for a Community Engagement Officer. More details can be found on the London Borough Lewisham website. … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Bug Day at Sydenham Hill Wood – Thursday 27 July, 11am-2pm July 16, 2017
Author Archives: focmse12
Chinbrook Meadows is holding a BIG Lunch. Any other Lewisham Parks taking part?
Our first meeting of the year will be on Monday 1st February at 19.00 in a room upstairs at Honor Oak pub, SE23 1RH. Nick Pond, Lewisham’s Ecological Regeneration Manager, will talk about the borough’s Biodiversity Plan. Come along
Tom organises regular nature walks and you can read all about it on the blog lewishamnaturewalks.wordpress.com Their next walk is on Sunday 13th December, meeting at Surrey Quays station at 10.30am. They will be passing through green spaces of Deptford … Continue reading
We are holding our next Lewisham Parks Forum meeting on Monday 19th October, 19.00 at the room upstairs in the Honor Oak Pub.
So the Green Flags will continue to fly in Lewisham, reinforcing the fact that we have an amazing collection of parks and green spaces. Despite the difficult times and financial pressures, we have secured 15 Green Flag Awards and 6 … Continue reading
GREATER LONDON NATIONAL PARK CITY: A talk by Daniel Raven-Ellison Wednesday 24th June 2015, The Honor Oak Pub (upstairs) 7pm to 9pm A new project is in the pipeline to create a Greater London National Park City. Officially a notional … Continue reading