Your Parks – click an image for slideshow, escape to come back to page.
- How to be a curious entomologist May 25, 2017Insects are everywhere. They are so many, and so varied — fascinating, beautiful, mysterious, bizarre. Through their mind-boggling biodiversity they offer us a window into the ecological complexity of life on Earth, and give us a powerful insight of the … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Evening Tree Walk at Sydenham Hill Wood, Wednesday 31 May, 7pm-9pm May 25, 2017Guided tree walk in Sydenham Hill Wood to uncover the ancient landscape of the Great North Wood. Join our Sydenham Hill Wood Conservation Officer for a guided tree walk as part of London Tree Week. As one of the largest … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Community Engagement Officer Post at Beckenham Place Park May 24, 2017Be at the heart of transforming Beckenham Place Park Could you be at the heart of transforming Beckenham Place Park? A new job is going for a Community Engagement Officer. More details can be found on the London Borough Lewisham website. … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- New Cross Gate Cuttings volunteer days with The London Wildlife Trust May 23, 2017A great way to get involved with the London Wildlife Trust in Lewisham is to become a conservation volunteer to make a real difference for wildlife in your local area, learn new skills and to gain a deeper understanding … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Hillcrest Wood Wildlife Spring Walk May 23, 2017Filed under: EventJess kyle
- Walking-lore: Evening family storytelling in Sydenham Hill Woods, Saturday 3 June, 6pm-8pm May 15, 2017Discover the legends and folktales lurking in the woods. This evening storytelling session will take families on a walking-lore of Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Woods, where we will use our senses as our guide. Together we will trace the tale … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Walking-lore: Afternoon family storytelling in Sydenham Hill Woods, Saturday 3 June, 2pm-4pm May 15, 2017Discover the legends and folktales lurking in the woods. This afternoon storytelling session will take families on a walking-lore of Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Woods, where we will use our senses as our guide. Together we will trace the tale … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- Bat Walk at Sydenham Wells Park – Friday 26 May 2017, 8.30pm-10pm May 15, 2017Join London Wildlife Trust staff and volunteers for our annual bat walk at Sydenham Wells Park. Bat calls are largely undetectable to the human ear and so we will be using bat detectors to listen to the sounds of these … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- There I was digging a hole…. May 8, 2017Bridgehouse Meadows is a small site tucked away near John Williams Close. It may not look like much but it does have lots of interesting flora and fauna on site. The Nature’s Gym volunteers have work there a few times … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- A message from the Friends of Brockley & Ladywell Cemteries May 2, 2017Dear Friends and colleagues, BROCKLEY AND LADYWELL CEMETERIES OPEN DAY – 9th JULY The Friends of Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries (FoBLC) is this year celebrating the 10th anniversary of its formation. Over the last few years FoBLC has held an … Continue reading →Jess kyle
- How to be a curious entomologist May 25, 2017
Author Archives: focmse12
Chinbrook Meadows is holding a BIG Lunch. Any other Lewisham Parks taking part?
Our first meeting of the year will be on Monday 1st February at 19.00 in a room upstairs at Honor Oak pub, SE23 1RH. Nick Pond, Lewisham’s Ecological Regeneration Manager, will talk about the borough’s Biodiversity Plan. Come along
Tom organises regular nature walks and you can read all about it on the blog lewishamnaturewalks.wordpress.com Their next walk is on Sunday 13th December, meeting at Surrey Quays station at 10.30am. They will be passing through green spaces of Deptford … Continue reading
We are holding our next Lewisham Parks Forum meeting on Monday 19th October, 19.00 at the room upstairs in the Honor Oak Pub.
So the Green Flags will continue to fly in Lewisham, reinforcing the fact that we have an amazing collection of parks and green spaces. Despite the difficult times and financial pressures, we have secured 15 Green Flag Awards and 6 … Continue reading
GREATER LONDON NATIONAL PARK CITY: A talk by Daniel Raven-Ellison Wednesday 24th June 2015, The Honor Oak Pub (upstairs) 7pm to 9pm A new project is in the pipeline to create a Greater London National Park City. Officially a notional … Continue reading