Earlier this week, we posted a request from the Police about an incident which took place in Mountsfield Park on Sunday 20 November 2016. Sadly this is now a murder investigation. More information can be found at : http://news.met.police.uk/news/murder-investigation-launched-in-catford-201353
Mountsfield Park is a community park which is much loved by the local residents who use it every day. The Friends of Mountsfield Park and the park users we represent are devastated by this dreadful news. We will help in any way we can, and urge anyone who is able to help the Police with their enquiries to come forward.
Please note the following:
- The Police are appealing to find any witnesses who were in, or near to, Mountsfield Park between approximately 17:15hrs and 18:45hrs on Sunday, 20 November, and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen or heard anything regarding an incident involving a man in the company of a child.
- Officers will be conducting appeals at the park one week on from the incident on Sunday 27 November 2016
- Anyone who can assist the investigation is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4868.
- To give information anonymously Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- The incident happened on a day when there was no park keeper at Mountsfield Park and the park gates were locked later than usual as a result.